Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snow in Montpellier!!!

It actually snowed this morning. Quite a bit to be honest. It was just beautiful. We took a couple of photos, but snow photos never really come out right. I'll let you be the judge. One is for esthetics and the other to indicate how much snow we got. Of course it's all gone now, just a couple of hours later, but it was certainly beautiful while it lasted.
I put on the CD of French Christmas carols, well, Christmas carols mostly sung in French. There are some traditionals, some you hardly ever hear any more (including the Legende de Saint Nicolas which can scare the living daylights out of you if you think about it) and some foreign, like White Winter with a charming French accent. It's produced by the Psallette de Lorraine and directed by Pierre Cao and I think you can download the songs if you like. I'm a dinosaur in that I don't have an MP3 player so I still buy CDs. Also, I wear a hearing aid so there's really no question of getting those earbuds in my ears.

Anyhow, the countdown is on, did a preliminary packing today and we can't get one more thing into those suitcases. The space is ok, it's the weight I'm worried about. I just hope they cut us a bit of slack. Wish me luck.


No comments: